Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Message from Gloria (Tonkin) - full version


Hello everyone.

I am happily married (Brady Bunch 8 kids) with 8 grandchildren to Ralph Eifurth. I'm now Gloria Eifurth and live at 31 Second Street Ardrossan SA 5571 - crab and fishing country on the coast of York Peninsula.

When I left Defence, I went back to retail and managed stores for Coles / Fosseys at Weston Creek and Kippax and Tuggeranong, then managed stores for Lowes at Belconnen and Woden. Then moved over here to Ardrossan.

I am currently Bar / Gaming person at Ardrossan Hotel/motel.

I’ve had great times in Defence; drinking (and lunch) competitions at the Ainslie Football Club, BBQs at the river near Defence. Then we “migrated” to the Worker’s Club and other places including RAAF Fairbairn.

I’m sure Mick Cronin no longer “drives the fastest milk truck in the west”, or Terry Daly no longer plays baseball for the “Indians”? His brother was one of the best pitchers I’d seen.

I wonder if Nicholasses still own the mud-brick house near Hall? Is Tas still cooking fish and chips? I hope Brendon is still not barracking for Carlton and Greg, or was it Mark Nicholas, or both – one eyed Richmond?

I suppose Ken is still in his biker gear and riding to work and then doing a quick change – and the same when he “knocks” off, in case biker mates see him in office clothes??

Is Keith Prinn still boarding with someone or has he finally got his own place? – and, hopefully, married?!

Doddsy, well, he was a larrikin (good one, that is) and I still have a card and present he gave me for my birthday many moons ago.

Is John Wall still stripping off in his laundry when he gets home (he doesn’t like to take dirt into his home). Eilleen, only 2 points to make about her, and they were very obvious (I’m jealous) We all know what ‘they’ were!

I’ll stop here.

Thanks to all for a wonderful experience and good times.

I’ve probably forgotten or can’t (immediately) recall some names, but here goes (in no order)…

Ken (who?), Sissy (Tea Lady), Tas Moudakis, Peter Hanlin, Terry Daly, David Lovi, Mark and Lyn Nicholas, Abe van Arkel, Greg Nicholas, Helen Connor, Jo Jackson, Mick Cronin, Sandra Mead, Dale Thompson, Deb Donaldson, Carmel Warnock, Karen Gerrard, Barbara Grimes-hatcliffe, Mick Juelg, Margaret Lawrence, Karen Coughlin, Margaret Shorten, Brendan O’loghlin, Jenna Lyris, Dave Pettit, Colin Hopper, Mark Marmont, Grace Anderson, Tony Baker, Clive Blunden, Des Hitchcock, Bill Booth, Graham Dodds, Graham Summerville, Alan and Karen Dalling, Nick Strmota, David Eck, Alex Curtis, Julian, Judy Wing, Keith Prinn, Dub Kolobaric, Dave (in duelling banjos), Denise

No comments: